The Certification process
- All crocodilian farming activities of ICFA members must be certified within 3 years of that member joining ICFA.
- ICFA members are certified as a whole, rather than by each farm. This means that a member’s certification scope must include all the farms that they own.
- ICFA members ongoing fulfilment of the ICFA Standard 1001:2019 requirements are audited annually.
- Under the ICFA Certification Scheme Rules, audits are undertaken by competent, specially trained and approved auditors that work under the direction of an independent and impartial third-party Certification Body.
- To remain certified, each farm must be audited annually and resolve any non-conformances raised by the independent auditor.
Pathway to Certification